FASHION/MUSIC/LIFE/CLOTHES/GOOD TIMES/SHOES/CULTURE/VINTAGE/BAGS/CONSUMERISM

Monday, October 26, 2009

Freelance Whales




It's been a few weeks since I last got ridiculously excited about a new band. I've downloaded lots, but nothing that made the hairs on my arms stand up. Until today, that is, when I gave in to the hubub and checked out Freelance Whales. I was initially hesitant because I really hate clichéd indie bands who all jump on the bandwagon of using something in their name (pandas, bears, most recently whales...) but there's been an absolute explosion of hype for these guys in the last few days - too much to ignore. I was far from disappointed. This is classic, pretty indie rock. It has hints of today's penchant for electronic effects but isn't as synthy as acts like Passion Pit. Their songs are instrumentally-rich and well composed. Check out their videos and see for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers