FASHION/MUSIC/LIFE/CLOTHES/GOOD TIMES/SHOES/CULTURE/VINTAGE/BAGS/CONSUMERISM

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Best Music of 2009!

Loving music takes energy, but it gives energy back. You have to sort through a lot of crap, and go out of your way to find songs that really resonate with you. But when you find them, they're priceless. Last year I wasn't listening to the kind of songs that make me want to scream them at the top of my lungs and I was super depressed and went through thousands of vacuous pop albums. At the beginning of the summer I started to get really into music again and found a bunch of bands that make me want to dance/sing/run/jump/cry/love life/be ridiculous. These are some of what I listened to in 2009:

MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE ALBUM (not just of 2009 - of ever! It's THAT good!)
ANIMAL COLLECTIVE - MERRIWEATHER POST PAVILLION

"Summertime Clothes" by Animal Collective - my favourite song of the year.

The Rest (in no particular order)
1. Passion Pit - Manners
2. Discovery - LP
3. Matt and Kim - Grand
4. Neon Indian - Psychic Chasms
5. Miike Snow - Miike Snow
6. Girls - Album
7. The xx - xx
8. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
9. Darlings - Yeah I Know
10. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes
11. Florence and the Machine - Lungs
12. Freelance Whales - Weathervanes
13. Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca
14. Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
15. La Roux - La Roux
16. Ohbijou - Beacons
17. Simian Mobile Disco - Temporary Pleasure
18. Sleigh Bells - Magic Metal
19. Think About Life - Family
20. Vampire Weekend - Contra
21. The Very Best - Warm Heart of Africa
22. Washed Out - High Times
23. Wavves - Wavves
24. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!
25. Yess Giantess - Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers